Self-Employment Tax Returns

All self-employed individuals are legally required to submit a Self-Assessment Tax Return every year if your income was more than £1,000.

DB Living support a range of industries with filing Self-Assessment Tax Returns for self-employed coaches, beauty therapists, those in the construction industry and many more!

If you are self-employed, you are able to deduct some running costs before tax, as long as they fall into HMRC recognised allowable expenses. These expenses may include:

  • Cost of travel
  • Office, property and equipment costs
  • Uniform costs
  • Costs of staff/subcontractors
  • Financial costs
  • Advertising and marketing

If you work from home, you may also be able to look at claiming a proportion of your utility bills.

We will do all the legwork for you, liaising directly with HMRC on your behalf.

Once we obtain the necessary information from you relating to your self-employment and expenses, the rest is left to us.

If you have any questions about the process or want to obtain further information on how it works - Please contact us and one of our friendly team will run through it with you.